Are you looking forward to getting out on the water with your family this year?
Do you want to try new places instead of going to the family cottage every weekend?
Have you thought about trying inland lakes in the Midwest for your boating adventures this summer?
According to Discover Boating, Michigan beats out Florida for the most registered boaters, and many other Midwest states aren’t far behind!
If you’re looking for a great freshwater lake to get out on the water and enjoy the sunshine, we’ve put together a list of places that are sure to have you enjoying the waves!
1. Lake of the Ozarks, MO – This 93 mile-long lake located an hour south of Jefferson City is lined with scenic hardwood forests which are perfect places to dock up and have a picnic while boating. There are several state parks along the shore that provide public access!
2. Lake Wawasee, IN – This lake is relatively deep and is in the heart of pontoon country – about an hour northwest of Fort Wayne, and an hour southeast of South Bend. This lake is great for watersports being that it’s very open and wide. Fisherman will appreciate the largemouth and smallmouth bass fisheries here, too!
3. Tappan Lake, OH – This lake is surrounded by thousands of acres of gorgeous forests and is extremely scenic – there’s virtually no privately developed land around Tappan Lake, making it full of trees and uninterrupted views. There’s a marina on the north side of the lake on Route 250 that provides easy public access, and the town of Ulrichsville is a short drive away.
4. Lake Winnebago, WI – This is one of the most popular lakes in Wisconsin. Lake Winnebago is 30 miles long and 10 miles wide at its extremes, and the tourist destinations of Oshkosh, Appleton, and Fond du Lac are located along its shores. There’s great public access located at a handful of state parks along 88 miles of shoreline.
5. Elk River Chain of Lakes, MI – The Elk River Chain features beautifully clear water and are very accessible – especially Torch Lake, which is located just off Grand Traverse Bay, a popular tourist destination. State parks and facilities are everywhere to provide ease of access and amenities for the whole family.
If these lakes sound like the perfect destination for your family this summer, we couldn’t agree more! If you want to make your summer cottage a destination for your family and friends, we can help with that, too! We have the best quality aluminum boat docks and accessories to make your cottage or lake house the perfect getaway.
We also have the knowledge and experience to keep your existing boat dock looking brand new for years to come.
Contact us to learn more!
What makes a treated pine wooden dock stand out among other options? Quality treated pine dock sections use premium lumber that is kiln ...
Considering an upgrade to your current dock? Wondering what your options are for aluminum dock design? If you’re redesigning or putting i...
Looking forward to getting out on the water this summer? The time is almost here! As you prepare for warm weather, clear skies, and perfect ...
Are you looking for better storage, more usable space, and a better place to entertain friends and family during the summer? You finally h...